Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Battlezone II:



This game is a real time strategy/first person shooter released in 1999. Generally the goal of the game is to destroy the enemies base. This is sometimes the case for most story missions although it is increasingly difficult and can really start to piss you off.

Despite being released in 1999, the graphics are actually pretty reasonable, especially because patches are still being released even in the recent months. Although the sensitivity is really low, so you end up dragging the mouse of the side of the desk. To fix this I recommend to up the sensitivity to a more comfortable area.

I did not finish the entire game because I wanted to do other things too (I am lazy). Plus I got really mad at the game when the A.I. glitches out and doesn't do what it should. This is still evident in the patches and I hope it is a rare glitch and won't happen again.

Besides that annoying and stupid glitch, the physics have been improved too. This is only in the patch so you will have to install it. Besides that 20 minute project, if you enjoy flying over the side of the cliff then jumping out and turning around to see you ship cartwheeling through the air before finally hitting you and popping you instantly back inside the cockpit, then you may have a lot of fun on the first couple of missions during the down time of the missions.

Summery:

- Released in 1999
- Reasonable graphics
- Some slight issues with sensitivity
- Fun physics
- Occasionally stupid A.I.
- Later the missions are very difficult on normal difficulty

I would give this game a 3.75/5.

Currently I have found no places where you can get Battlezone 2. If there were I would have a couple of links below. If I find any places you can get the game I will place a link below.

Rating: 3.75/5

Hers's some screen shots! :

   

  


No comments:

Post a Comment